Wishing you all a very Happy New Year. May your year be filled of Joy & Prosperity !!!!
Healing Foods is a Brain Child of Siri. Cooking With Siri is a lovely domain featuring some amazing healthy recipes.
Heartiest Congratulations Siri on making your own domain.
Now about the event. In Siri's words (literally), You are, what you eat'.. Food that we take everyday has the power to protect & heal us and they are our first line of defense to fight off our illness. Surprising as it may sound, following a simple diet & skin regime - just by making sure you have 'certain foods' in your daily diet-in-take can make a lot of difference and they become key contributors for a very healthy well-being.
The theme for this month is Eggplant. Eggplant has lot of healing properties. I am mentioning few of them below :
1) Diuretic: It has lots of water and fewer calories. Its an antioxidant and it is highly advisable to use in a low-calorie diet.
2) Lowers cholesterol and helps circulatory problems.
3) Mashed eggplant relieves burns.
4) Eggplant oil is excellent for rheumatism. It is prepared by removing the skin and frying them in oil for 2 hours at a low speed. Then strain it. Store it in an airtight container.
5) Eggplant substances, called glyco-alkaloids are made into a topical cream
medication and have been used to treat skin cancers.
Here are some basic rules of participation -
1. Create a veg / non-veg (no pork or beef) dish, based on Eggplant and post the same in your blog. Non-Bloggers can send their recipes with the details mentioned below to the same email address.
2. Please link this announcement and Siri's Healing Food announcement page in your posts. Usage of the logo is appreciated.
3. Multiple entries are more than welcome - more the merrier !!!!
4. Send your details - Name, Recipe URL and Photo to email@example.com till 31st Jan 2011.
4. You can send previously blogged entries, provided they are re-posted!
5. A randomly selected winner will be chosen from the participants for a $25 Amazon gift card. The winner will be selected by Siri.
6. A Rs.1500 voucher from Rang De will also be given as a giveaway. The winner for this will be randomly selected by me. Further details on this are available in my post New Giveaway
Non-bloggers can also send your yummy recipes to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So lets have a healthy start to this New Year 2011 !!!!!!