Saturday, December 18, 2010

An Award & Baked Stuffed Capsicum - Bharvaan Shimla Mirch

A special thanks to Savitha For bestowing me with an Award. It is very motivating and encouraging.



I would like to share this award with my few Blog Pals :

Pari

Priya Mitharwal

Priya Sreeram

Priya Of Easy & Tasty Recipe

Rupali

Akhila Of Learning to Cook

Akheela of Torview Torrent

Sunitha

Satya

Stuffed Capsicum have always been in great demand in my house. My mom used to make them really nice. However, recently she has decreased the frequency of making these delicacies cos of the frying it takes. My dad's health doesn't allow it. So I came up with this healthy recipe so that now my dad should be able to enjoy them too. I decided to give it a try before communicating my ideas to my mom. Well all I can say is that they turned out the same.

Ingredients :
Capsicum : 2
Potato : 2 Medium Boiled
Paneer (Cottage Cheese): 150 grams Grated
Almonds : 10 Sliced
Raisins : 15 Cut into halves
Green Chilli : 2 Finely Chopped
Coriander Leaves : 2-3 tbsp Chopped
Salt : To Taste
Dry Mango Powder(Aamchur): 1 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
Kalonji Powder : 2 tsp
Fennel Seeds Powder : 2 tsp
Oil : For Greasing

Recipe :
Preheat oven at 220 C for 15-20 minutes.

Cut the capsicums into half. I prefer to cut them lengthwise. But you can cut them breadthwise too. Remove the seeds. Be careful while removing, so that the capsicum doesn't get cut.

Take a large bowl. Mix all the remaining ingredients and mash them all together.



Take one half of the capsicum. Stuff it with the filing. Press the filing inside so that any pockets or sides are not left empty. Repeat with the remaining Capsicum.



Now lightly grease the capsicum from outside and bake it for 20 minutes. The outside of capsicum should be soft, wrinkled and slightly browned.



Serve hot as a Side Dish.

I am sending this to Satya's Event "Thank You Mom"

7 comments:

  1. Awsome idea of baked capsicum kavitha...congrats on ur awards and u deserve it too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to bake these and looks yummy! Congrats on ur award dear...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards dear...stuffed capsicum looks sooo tempting and super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing dear, I love stuffed capsicum. Thanks for sharing your award with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slurp, mouthwatering stuffed capsicums, very tempting..Congrats on ur award,thanks for sharing with me..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi kavitha, heartfelt thanks for sharing this award! loads of cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so nice of you to share the award with me dear...

    ReplyDelete