Friday, December 10, 2010

Event - Cooking With Seeds - Ajwain (Bishops Weed)

To start with, I would like to thank Priya for letting me guest host her event.

Priya runs a great blog featuring some Scrumptious recipes and this event is her baby. Do check her blog for some yummy recipes.

Its a big opportunity considering that I am just a month old in the Blogging World.
Actually, I am exactly a month old today ... And I am hosting my 1st guest event today ... Its a very special day for me !!!!


Its festive season with Christmas & New Year round the corner. Everyone is in a Holiday Mood with 2 Long Weekends. So lets get cooking and rake up varied dishes with Ajwain.



What is Ajwain ( Bishops Weed) :
This beneficial herb is used in culinary process as spice as well as a major ingredient of different kind of medicines. Ajwain seeds are small in size but taste hot, penchant and bitter. It acts as good appetizer, laxative and stomachic. It is used as effective remedy in managing ailments like vomiting, mouth diseases, pile, treatment of ascites, abdominal tumor, abdominal pain etc

The various Health Benefits Of Ajwain are listed here : http://herbs.ygoy.com/2009/07/13/health-benefits-of-ajwain/

You Need to do :

1) Prepare any recipe/remedy with this seed.
2) Your recipe can be Veg OR Non-Veg. But NO Pork or Beef allowed.
3) It can be any course of meal from Starters To Desert To Beverage.
4) Post your dishes from 10th December 2010 to 10th January 2011.
5) Multiple entries are welcome.
6) Link back entry to this page and to Priya's Event Announcement page.
7) Using Logo is very much appreciated.
8) Old entries are accepted if you just link the recipe to the event announcement page, no need of reposting.
9) You are welcome to post anything useful you know about this seed.
10) If you do not have a blog, please e-mail your recipe to me at spoonfuls.of.love@gmail.com and I will be glad to include it in my round-up.

Please mail your entries at spoonfuls.of.love@gmail.com with the following details :

Your Name
Your Blog Name
Recipe Name
Recipe URL/Link
Picture


This is my First Event in the Blogging world and I hope you all will join me to make it into a big success.

Lets get cooking !!!!!

12 comments:

  1. nice event! happy hosting, i might just have something i can send here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy hosting Kavita, will send my entries soon..happy for ur blog for one month old today,keep rocking..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats dear on your first event. Happy hosting, will sure try to participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy hosting n will send u my entries

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you I have updated dear. will send my entries soon.

    Saraswathi Iyer
    Sara's Corner
    http://www.simplysara07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to participate - will see if i have one in my archive to send - First time on your blog - Congrats on your first month- Yippe - I am pretty new too three months into it now and I've announced my first event recently - do check and do participate :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Event.Happy hosting.Will send my entry soon:)

    http://sunijagakitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice event. Just now posted one for you.
    http://elitefoods.blogspot.com/2011/01/kara-sevu.html
    Hope it suits the theme. Happy hosting dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey,i have submitted my recipes on your mail id ...

    http://nicksnjitskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/01/arbi-ajwainwali.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending in my entry.My 1st visit here you have a lovely space.Following your blog nice to see fellow blogger from UK.Do drop by simply.food sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it and if there is someone who need Best Peanuts Supplier in Pakistan then visit us!

    ReplyDelete