Friday, October 29, 2010

Spinach Rice

I had eaten this Rice at a party in a friends house. And then I completely forgot about it. 1 day when I was looking to make something different with spinach, my hubby dear reminded me of this recipe. My friend had moved back to India so I couldn't call her at that time of the night and ask. So I have raked up my brains and tried to create the same effect. Well all I can say is that it came out al-right.

Ingredients :
Spinach : 1 bunch, finely chopped
Basmati Rice : 2 cups (400 gms)
Onions : 2 thinly sliced
Tomatoes : 2 chopped
Jeera Powder : 1 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tbsp
Turmeric : 1 tsp
Salt : To taste
Oil : 50 ml



Method :

Soak Rice in just enough water to cover for 1/2 hour.

Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add the onions. Saute till light brown.

Now add the dry masala's and saute slightly more. Now add the rice and mix well.

Add tomatoes and spinach and again mix it. All the rice should be covered in masala.

Now add 3 cups of water. Stir it well. Bring it to a boil. Now cover the pan with a lid. Reduce the flame to the lowest. Let it cook till rice is done. Should take approx 10-15 minutes.

Remove and serve with Raita.

No comments:

Post a Comment