Friday, October 29, 2010

Rasaaje

This is a traditional dish which I have inherited from my MIL ... It belongs to UP and was mostly cooked by great grandma's. This dish seems to have been lost from recent menu's made in our kitchen. My MIL made this for me during my pregnancy when my Taste buds were at their peak. I really enjoyed it and so here it comes in.

Ingredients :
Besan (Gram Flour) : 3-4 tbsp
Onion : 3 Pureed
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1tbsp
Oil : To deep fry
Jeera : 1 tsp
Turmeric : 1tsp
Dhaniya Powder : 1 tbsp
Salt : To taste
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
Garam Masala : 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves for garnishing

Recipe:

Make a thin paste of Besan, haldi, dhaniya powder & water so that no lumps are formed.
Heat oil in a pan and add zeera. When jeera splutters, add the paste and cook till besan changes colour.
Then take a plate and grease it with oil. Pour the besan on it. Cool it competely. After its cool, cut it in pieces.
Now take oil for frying in a wok. Heat the oil and deep fry the pieces.
Keep aside.
Now take a wok and heat 2 tbsp oil. Add jeera and let it splutter. Add onion garlic paste. Saute it till light brown. Now add all the dry masala's. Saute it till oil leaves the side. Add the besan dumplings and mix lightly. Add water for gravy. Give it 3-4 boils.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment