Friday, December 2, 2011

Meat On Sticks - Chicken Lollipop

My Angel ate Chicken Lollipop at a friends party recently. She just loved it. I don't prefer her eating lot of outside chinese food, so I realized that the time had come to try this delicacy at home. I made the Chicken Lollipop in 2 marinates. One was spicy and tangy - the way I like it, and the second was a kids friendly marinate. The recipe I am mentioning below is the Spicy one. I am also going to mention the kids friendly marinate recipe in a note below. I couldn't get a pic of the kids friendly as my angel attacked it as soon as she could. Ingredients : Chicken Wings : 10 pieces (I got them already shaped into Lollipops?) Egg : 1 Salt : To Taste Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp Cornflour : 1 tsp Schezwan Sauce : 3 tbsp heaped (I used ready made sauce) Oil : For deep frying. Aluminium foil : Optional - for decor Marinate : Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp Soy sauce - 1 tsp Vinegar - 1 tsp Schezwan Sauce - 1tbsp Recipe : Prepare the marinate by mixing all the ingredients together. Clean the chicken wings. Add them to the marinate. Coat each wing liberally with the marinate. Refrigerate it for half hour.
Whisk the egg. Add salt, pepper powder and cornflour. Heat the oil for deep frying. Don't make it very hot. Dip the wings in the egg batter and deep fry in the oil. Keep the flame on medium. the wings have to be cooked from inside as well. Fry till its golden brown. Drain it on a tissue paper. Heat 2 tbsp oil in an open pan. Add the schezwan sauce and any left over marinate. Heat it till it starts bubbling. Add the wings. Keep each wing separate. Coat it with the sauce liberally. Stir fry it for a min or two. Remove on a plate. Cover the bone with the foil. Serve hot. Note : To make the above recipe kids friendly, replace schezwan sauce with tomato sauce. Also, after dipping it in egg batter, roll them in bread crumb. You can serve it directly after deep frying. No need to stir fry it in pan.

26 comments:

  1. Slurp,mouthwatering here,would love to have anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum Yum this looks so mouthwatering !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..My favourite..First time here..Gald to follow ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy :-) Do checkout my blog when time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..My favourite..First time here..Gald to follow ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe. Delicious and mouth watering photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This kind of Informative Blog is worth reading anytime, keep sharing good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this amazing and informative post. I enjoyed reading this information.
    Home appliances

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chicken Lollipops are always my favourite. Thank you for the recipe.
    Ruchi Blogger at Ask Expert

    ReplyDelete
  10. My father would love this. I will surely gonna make this tomorrow.
    Check Outdoor Gear Reviews & Hunting Guides at Best Crossbows

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chicken Lollipops are everyone's favourite.
    Check Buying Guide & Reviews at Radio Box

    ReplyDelete
  12. Much obliged to you I truly value your blog since I was discovering this arrangement about chicken lollipop
    everywhere throughout the web from many days

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks For Sharing and Your writing style has been Superb.

    Supples Diapers XL Size

    ReplyDelete
  15. If someone week i really ashen-haired not actually pretty, whether you will lite grope a present,
    thought to follow us to displays bursting with ends of the earth considerably? Inside the impeccant previous,
    sea ever have dried-up, my hubby and i only may very well be with all of you connected thousands of samsara. Social Media Marketing

    ReplyDelete


  16. Hey friend, it is very well written article, thank you for the valuable and useful information you provide in this post. Keep up the good work! FYI, please check these depression, stress and anxiety related articles:
    Essay on Neeraj Chopra , The Alchemist book review

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now the IESCO latest features allows consumers toCheck IESCO Bill Online with few clicks, visit our website to learn more about IESCO featuers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice article thanks for sharing with us. if you like you can check my articles too - Best office chair under 10000, Speechelo vs Speechelo pro or Best Gaming Chair Under 10000

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for written this post: Please check my website: legal tax. or blog Seoxim

    ReplyDelete